- Original homemade taste
- You make it special…
- No artificial colours
- Suitable for vegetarians
Store in a cool, dry place. Once made up, store in a refrigerator and treat as fresh food.
Best Before End See Lid or Base.
Preparation And Usage
How to Made Delicious Bird’s Custard:
To make 1 pint (568ml)
On The Hob:
1. Put 2 tablespoons (35g) of custard powder and 1-2 tablespoons (15g-35g) of sugar in a basin.
2. Mix into a smooth paste with a little (approx. 2 tablespoons) milk taken from 1 pint (568ml).
3. Heat the remaining milk to nearly boiling and pour onto custard mix, stirring well.
4. Return to the saucepan and bring to the boil over a gentle heat, stirring continuously.
In The Microwave (750W):
1. Follow steps 1&2 above.
2. Add the remaining milk and cook on full power for 6 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking period.
3. Leave to stand for 1 minute before serving.
NB: All cooking appliances vary. These are guidelines only. Cooking time will differ for a lower or higher wattage microwave oven.
Bird’s custard powder can be made up with skimmed, semi-skimmed or full cream milk.
The thickness of the custard can be varied by using a little more or less milk as you prefer.
Sugar can be adjusted to suit your taste.
For perfect Bird’s custard; Ensure you have a smooth paste; Add the hot milk to the custard paste; Stir continuously.
Maize Starch, Salt, Flavouring, Colour (Annatto).
FSA Traffic Lights Labeling:
|per 100g (as prepared with semi-skimmed milk)||per 164g (as prepared with semi-skimmed milk)|
|Nutrient||per 100g (as prepared with semi-skimmed milk)||per 164g (as prepared with semi-skimmed milk)|
|of which sugars||9.8g||16.1g|
|of which saturates||0.9g||1.5g|
|Fibre||< 0.5g||< 0.5g|